Expat in Dublin Blog Expat: living abroad

Monday 16 June 2014

How quickly things can change

Shortly after I published my last post, I received a call from the Hyatt in Rochester, NY offering me the job that I had Skype interviewed for.  I had only ever briefly seen this property in person once 22 years ago, so I decided to travel to Rochester to check the property out.  The hotel was kind enough to put me up for two nights and after observing the staff and really checking out the space, I had decided to accept the job.  I will be moving to Rochester, NY the first week of July.

Now, Ireland is not completely off the table. As I've mentioned in earlier posts, I've wanted to move to Ireland for quite some time.  My original plan was when my daughter turned 18 (which is now 3.5 years from now).  I just thought with me being laid off/made redundant, that this would be a good time to try.  My ultimate long term plan is still to move to Ireland. It may be in a year or two, or it may be a little longer. This job will allow me to pay down some bills and save up so that making the move will be easier. 

I will likely not be updating this blog very often until the real possibility of moving is in sight.  I appreciate everyone who has been reading it it, and I hope to see you all again in the future.

Slainte

1 comment:

  1. Congrats on the offer! I'll keep your feed followed for any future updates.

    ReplyDelete

Expat in Dublin