Expat in Dublin Blog Expat: living abroad

Thursday 12 June 2014

just a quick update

Time for a quick update.  I had two more interviews since my last post. I interviewed with a Marriott in Fairfax, VA and a Hyatt in Rochester, NY.  I went to university in Rochester, so that would be my first choice between the two.  I felt the interview for the VA hotel went better, though.  My interview for the VA Marriott was over the phone while my Hyatt interview was via skype and that was with the General Manager and Operations Manager.  The GM did state that he was happy with my interview.  It's another wait and see game.

However, I'm still pining for Ireland, and it's still at the top of my list.

I had a yard sale this past Saturday and sold quite a bit of stuff. None of it was big ticket items, so the cash that came in was not huge, but I did manage to get rid of a LOT of stuff. Just before the yard sale ended, my neighbour and his dad came over and said they'd be interested in the contents of my shed. They went to take a look and came back and said they'd take everything  Wow!  After the yard sale, I laid everything out on the floor and asked my neighbour to take a look again just to make sure he did indeed want everything. He said yes, and he said to come up with a price and don't make it low. :)  This just may make it possible for me to purchase my airline ticket!  Excited!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Expat in Dublin