Expat in Dublin Blog Expat: living abroad

Sunday 20 April 2014

An opportunity?

I received an email from the General Manager of a hotel in Dundalk today. She asked when I was moving to Ireland or if I was planning a trip so we could have a face to face interview.  Well, finances are a little low right now, so I don't think another trip is feasible quite yet, unless my brother can come through for me. My brother lives in Norway and flies back home to Connecticut two or three times a year. He as acquired a fair amount of frequent flyer miles from Icelandic air.  The problem is, I have not been to figure out a way that I can use them, although he seems to think I can.  I've emailed him to ask him to look into it for me.  If this doesn't work out, then the hotel will have to wait until I sell my house and move there, which: a) I don't know exactly when that will be, and b) I don't know if they are willing to wait. I emailed the GM back, so we will see what she says.  Fingers crossed for some good news.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Expat in Dublin