Expat in Dublin Blog Expat: living abroad

Saturday 3 May 2014

More jobs applied for

Every day I get automated job searches mailed to me via a variety of sources, with indeed.com and jobs.ie being the two biggest. Yesterday in my jobs.ie email there were 2 positions listed for Conference and Banqueting Managers, which is what I'm looking for. Good news; I applied to both. Also in this email was several listings for managers of new Aldi stores in Cork. I think most everyone is familiar with Aldi; we even have them here in the states...in fact, there is one about a mile from my house. I thought it odd that they would have shown up in my email. The keyword I use for my searches is 'hotel'. Well, the job description stated that some of their most successful managers have come from hospitality backgrounds and they encouraged me people with that type of experience to apply. so, apply I did. The pay is fantastic, and they provide 6 months of training, all expenses paid. I'm kind of excited about this opportunity. Let's hope that I'm at least short-listed.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Expat in Dublin