Expat in Dublin Blog Expat: living abroad

Tuesday 6 May 2014

Nothing to do with Ireland


Today was a good day. I shouldn't say it has nothing to do with Ireland as I did confirm my interview for tomorrow with the hotel in Cork. That's good news. But what I really enjoyed about today was taking a hike in Peters Memorial Woods in Clinton, CT.  PM Woods, as I call it, is owned by the Clinton land Trust and is set aside for recreation and can never be developed. I think it's about 54 acres, all wooded. When I was in Boy Scouts in the 80's, a friend and I built several hiking trails through the woods. I went for a hike today and was able to hike each trail, including one I made completely on my own. I was happy to see the trails are being used quite regularly and maintained well. I was also happy to see that Canadian Hemlocks are making a return after being almost completey wiped out by the Woolly Adelgid back in the late 80's to early 90's. I love coming to this place. I spent so much time there when I was a teen, and know every bit of it, even off the trails. 

Below are some pictures I took while there. The first one is a sign that I made and is almost 30 years old, and still standing. 








No comments:

Post a Comment

Expat in Dublin